daretodo: ([smm] Something isn't right.)
[personal profile] daretodo
It's bugging me. I mean, okay, there are about ten things bugging me at any given point in the day, but there's only one thing that's been nagging at me enough to keep pulling my focus away from my scavenger hunt for useful parts. Not for the first time today -- more like the fifteenth -- I find myself staring at Chase like he's some kind of puzzle.

Finally, I just give up trying to be discrete, peering at him openly through narrowed eyes.

"Something's different."

Date: 2013-05-14 05:25 am (UTC)
apoorupbringing: (Default)
From: [personal profile] apoorupbringing
Chase craned his neck to look over his shoulder at Peter, pausing in his dutiful pounding out of a dent in an otherwise delightfully serviceable piece of metal facing.

"The hell are you talking about? Are you about to explain why you've been oggling me? Creeper," he added off-handedly, going back to task.

Date: 2013-05-14 06:06 pm (UTC)
apoorupbringing: (Default)
From: [personal profile] apoorupbringing
"I haven't gotten a haircut in..." Chase stopped, squinting thoughtfully skyward.

"...I don't even know. I probably should, though, thanks for the reminder."

Not too short though, he thought, because Kate had a tendency to get a good grip, and he tended to enjoy it.

Date: 2013-05-31 05:01 am (UTC)
apoorupbringing: (pic#3357147)
From: [personal profile] apoorupbringing
"You noticed?" Chase asked, beaming, turning in his seat to face Peter.

"I knew those pilates would pay off! And I did it all for you, Professor Parker!"

Date: 2013-06-01 03:59 am (UTC)
apoorupbringing: (pic#3356667)
From: [personal profile] apoorupbringing
"'Oh oh' what?" Chase asked, casually slouching away and managing a look of extremely nonchalant disinterest.

"You are so weird."

Date: 2013-06-01 06:04 am (UTC)
apoorupbringing: (pic#3357143)
From: [personal profile] apoorupbringing
Chase looked over with wide eyes. He spent a pretty significant amount of time around the more canonically gay of the island's young population. Maybe he was getting a reputation.

"Yuhwhn- what? Dude! How is that the first question?! Girl!"

Date: 2013-06-01 07:27 pm (UTC)
apoorupbringing: (focused like a lazer)
From: [personal profile] apoorupbringing
Chase's mouth did a sort of pained, inverted pucker and he shook his head slowly at Peter for a moment.

"You dirty old man," he murmured, then cleared his throat and stretched a little, shrugging it off.

"You know the Young Avengers got their Hawkeye back?" He asked it as a way to cleverly segue into divulging Kate's identity as his lady friend with benefits, but realized belatedly that, having recently turned 24, his phrasing drove home that he was really the dirty old man in this scenario.

Date: 2013-06-04 03:42 am (UTC)
apoorupbringing: (pic#3356667)
From: [personal profile] apoorupbringing
"Holy shit, she just turned nineteen, thanks," Chase shot back.

"So, you know, if I had graduated high school and gone to college and sucked and hung around for an extra year, we could technically be attending the same school right now. Hypothetically."

Date: 2013-06-19 02:37 am (UTC)
apoorupbringing: (ya don't say)
From: [personal profile] apoorupbringing
"...." Chase gave Pete a strange look. He didn't think anyone, in the history of his life, least of all his parents, had ever said anything so optimistic about his potential academic career.

"...yeah, or that coulda happened," he said, and kept most of the doubt from his voice.

"Anyway, she's 19 going on 40, y'know? Could definitely hand my ass to me, anyway."

Date: 2013-06-19 02:45 am (UTC)
apoorupbringing: (Default)
From: [personal profile] apoorupbringing
"One time so far," Chase said, scrubbing a hand through his hair and looking at the ceiling.

"I think it's one of those perfect storms of being acquainted, capable, good looking and bored? So yeah, I lucked out."

about

Peter Parker, also known as the vigilante, Spider-Man, is one of Marvel Comics' flagship characters. Created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko in 1962, Spider-Man first debuted in Amazing Fantasy #15.

April 2020

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415 161718
19202122232425
2627282930